Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A new start!

So I’m back again after I promised I will blog more often. Maybe I just won’t promise and see what will happen, even though I’m not too sure is anybody is actually reading J

Again I promised that I would keep my weight in check, hah that didn’t happen either! It actually went the other way and I put more on.

2009 is my year I have decided, no promise I just know this is my year.

I have had a good hard look at a few things, and I really am not happy with me and what I have let myself become. For ages I just kept thinking “oh yeah I’m fine the way I am” or “the scales say that much but I really don’t look that weight do I” well yes I do look that way and I have finally accepted it and decided to do something about it since our wedding in Jan 08 I have put on 12kgs. Some of that was from when I was overseas, some of it was because I have stuffed my knee and can’t exercise without it hurting but in the end it just kept getting higher and higher and I did nothing about it. My knee is starting to recover and I have started this week going on slow steady walks, although it is annoying going so slow at least I am doing something right, I wish I could be running that is my goal by June this year I will be running. So please knee be nice to me.

I have to admit that this is not the only reason I am starting this journey, yes I want to look and feel better inside and out but it also has a bit to with adding a little one to our family. We have been trying since September last year. And I know deep down that it is better for me to be healthy and it will hopefully help our chances of adding to our family.

My before picture – This was taken Last week.

3 comments:

Kenz said...

Hey beautiful! I still check in here every now and then and was happy to see a new post! I was at Voyager that weekend too. Weird!

Anyway just wanted to wish you well and let you know that you still look gorgeous no matter what your starting weight is.

I'm also blessed with a complete motherf*#ker of a knee - boxing and swimming are my saviors.

If you want a swimming buddy let me know.

x

Stacey said...

I'm so glad you are back darling! I'll be here to support you 100% and it's fantastic that you are out moving even if it is slow!

Join my challenge and we'll lose 10kgs each before you come over! :) I can't wait!!

xxxxxx

[Annika Ooh] said...

http://www.birth.com.au/FORUM/forumdisplay.php?f=15

*Shella whistling a tune and looking around the room*
All I can say is that this forum has helped me with a lot of stuff. Join the TTC group, it was great support. I'm floating around in the 'Due in May' group.