Thursday, July 17, 2008

Realising the obvious

This week has been a horror of a week and I am glad it is finally Friday. A lot of thing happened this week out of my control but I felt myself spiralling out of control
in every shape and form. After a relaxing and calming night I have decide to take a new direction in life.
I realise I can’t control everything even though I would love too cos I am a control freak. But from now just
To sit back and relax and just take what comes, and try to sort it out if it’s out of my control there’s no point
Using all my energy trying to change it when I can’t. I know this is pretty obvious for most, but I have only just come to the realisation I can’t control everything, much to Joel’s delight lol. So this is a more positive me I guess, hence the change of title for my blog.

Next Wednesday I am starting a 10 week course in MYOB and Payroll and at the end of it I will receive a Certificate 3, so I’m pretty stoked about that. It just makes me look more hireable when I’m looking for a new job.

This weekend is pretty jammed packed, tonight dinner and cocktails with my bestie and her sister. Tomorrow we have an engagement party, it’s so far away though and I’m not really that excited about it and plus I have to drive, boo no drinking and Sunday will be cleaning the house and I am making a yummy roast chicken for dinner.

So after realising the obvious, here’s to better times.

x

2 comments:

The Candid Bandit said...

You'll love the freeing aspect of not controlling everything. A big hot bath and a glass of wine generally will help put a spiralling ay back into perspective. ;)

Have a great weekend and congrats on your new course!

[Annika Ooh] said...

I know what you mean in this post. I can be like that, also I was a people pleaser and constantly stressed that people were judging me and then constantly worrying, and not letting go of things. (I'm still like that), but yeah, I took a HUGE step back, quit my job, and now I'm just telling everyone this is my 'gap' year, I'm just stripping myself back to basics and really feel alive!
Well I've been out of work for over a month now and already said to hubbie, I might look for work again, but just 1 day a week or a short term placement here and there. Maybe after Xmas. I'm just secretly scared that I'll find work, end up working more than I want, and then find myself with out having my 'time out'.